Monday, March 11, 2013

6 Revlon Lipstick Review

Hello Everyone!

This is my first official blog post on this new blog! :) (YAY!)

I'd like to start off this blog with a post about one of my favorite things-
 Drugstore Make-up.

I've had plenty of good and plenty of bad experiences with Drugstore make-up. 
One of my absolute favorite Drugstore products is Revlon's lipstick line!
Now, to let you know where I am coming from, I have only been wearing lipstick for about 6 months! I've always been a lip gloss kind of girl, but on my 21st Birthday, I decided to expand my make-up. I started off with buying MAC lipstick...

NOW, hear me out. I love MAC, and if I could afford to only buy MAC, I would. However, part of me dies a little inside to pay 3x as much (Yes, 3x!) for a lipstick after I have found quality, lasting, beautiful lipstick at (drumroll please....) Wal-Mart!


I still think every woman should eventually have a high-end nude, pink, and red lipstick. However, if you are just starting to use lipstick, or want to play around with different colors, I would highly suggest beginning with a drugstore lipstick.

One of the cons of drugstore make-up is that you typically cannot try it on before you buy it... and sometimes it is hard to tell what the color in the tube will actually look like on! So, I have swatched six of my Revlon lipsticks (from lightest to darkest) to show all of you!

(Be warned, I put the lipstick on really fast so I could get pictures of all of them in a short amount of time so PLEASE do not critique the application of the lipstick! :) )

First off is #631 Luminous Pink.

This is such a pretty, everyday pink. It is a Pearl Finish, so it is shimmery and light. I LOVE THIS PINK! Such a great lipstick to start off with if you aren't a lipstick girl.


Second, we have #011 Stormy Pink. It is a matte color, which I love. It is very bright; a color I wear only when I am going out. I have noticed with matte lipsticks (even MAC ones) that they tend to be a little more drying than the other finishes, so be sure to prep your lips and moisturize them before applying this color.

Third is #450 Gentlemen Prefer Pink. It is a pearl finish, so it is shimmery and light, but it is very buildable! Goes on very easy and very moisturizing. I could wear this one everyday!



4th off is #435 Love That Pink. It's a Creme Finish, so it's not shimmery, and it is moderate coverage. It's a bright, beautiful pink, that's not too "in-your-face". One of my favorites!

5th we have #725 Love That Red. It is pretty similar to Love that Pink (same creme finish), however it is, as one would assume, more of a red color. I'm a little partial to this lip color, because this is the lipstick I was wearing when my fiance' proposed :) Also, I smashed it on accident and had to chop the top off, so it DOES come with a regular slanted tip, I just ruined mine.

Lastly, is #006 Really Red. It is a Matte, so once again, PREP your lip before applying! This is a nice, vibrant red. I don't wear this too often, because it is such a dramatic lip. However, with the right outfit, it is gorgeous. Looks really great in photos as well!


The top picture is in front of the window (natural light) and the bottom is in my bathroom  light.

I purchased all of these lipsticks at Wal-Mart and I paid about $5 bucks per lipstick (AWESOME!)
I highly recommend the Revlon lipstick line.
There are so many colors to choose from, and they are quality lipsticks!

1 comment:

  1. Great review and helpful,thanks! I just purchased Luminous Pink yest. and was looking for some swatches before I open it. Might be too shimmery for me, but looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete